Dear Abby, (That is still funny to me).
Babe, I can’t believe it’s been a year. Admittedly, I think the distance has made it go faster, but nonetheless, a year has flown by. I wanted to take some time and share some of the reasons why I love you.
- You have an uncanny ability to make the goofiest joke with near perfect comedic timing. Seriously, it’s borderline supernatural.
- You’re passionate about getting the perfect gift. It’s like there’s a special recipe you see that’s has different portions of thoughtfulness, love, and your personality, and you always seem to find it.
- You’ve not just handled, but embraced my full blown nerdiness. Few people could handle a conversation on the theology of early church fathers while on their way to the new Star Wars movie (while I’m wearing a Star Wars shirt), but you don’t miss a beat.
- You are quite skilled at rolling with my half-thought out plans. You seem to trust me, even when I’m not so sure I would.
- Your ability to call me out for my mistakes without attacking me or tearing me down.
- You randomly smack my butt, and enjoy it way too much.
- You are more emotionally connected to God, which serves as a powerful reminder that it is a relationship with God, and not just a lecture or class.
- You are warm, kind, and expressive, whereas I am a cold, sarcastic piles of rocks at times, and I need that warmth in my life.
I better understand Paul’s opening to the Philippians when he said “I thank my God for thee everyday”.
In short, I love you, and thank you for being in my life. As I am prone to say, we have enough in common to come together, and are different enough to keep life interesting.
PS. to the reader: Please leave your favorite thing about Abby in the comments down below. I can’t list every way she’s awesome, so I need your help 😉